What we offer
One on one Career Coaching and Counselling
Your coach will:
- Guide you through the career Coaching and Counselling process
- Develop a career profile with you which will identify your aptitudes, knowledge, skills, experience and accomplishments, interests (people, information or things), work style, personality, work cultural fit, values, motivations, quirks and more.
- Explore career and/or study options and subject selection, recommend suitable job titles/courses to study to match your career profile, impart knowledge of the labour market and where the jobs are, and assist you to set realistic career/study goals.
- Assist you to prepare a professional resume (with ats compatibility), write a convincing cover letter, and respond to key selection criteria for selected jobs.
- Teach you how to conduct productive job searches using a variety of methods including face to face networking, online networking such as LinkedIn, other social media platforms such as Facebook, google and wechat, job boards and websites, and recruitment companies.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment to practice answering questions for behavioural interviews, and to negotiate an attractive employment contract.
By participating in this career process with your coach you will:
- Gain clarity about your story;
- Be able to articulate your career goals;
- Develop confidence in yourself;
- Build skills to manage your career going forward;
- Understand the labour market;
- Be clear about your career direction;
- And to be equipped to find your calling not only now but for the future to meet the ever changing world of work.
Career education and resources
The members lounge is full of educational materials that can assist with a successful career transition including you tube videos, live webinars, webinar recordings, tip sheets, resume templates, labour market resources, the find my calling workbook, tools and more.
- What to expect after graduating from school
- Opportunities for gap programs
- Understanding the job market and the future of work
- Getting a grip of the gig economy
- Creating my portfolio career
- Goal setting for my career
- Writing resumes, cover letters and key selection criteria responses
- Honing your networking skills and optimising LinkedIn
- Preparing for psychometric testing
- Interviewing for job success
- Getting a graduate position
- Deportment and personal styling for career success
- Paving a path for a smooth career transition
- Staying optimistic after a job loss
- Dealing with a difficult boss
- Coping with a growing workload
- Managing bullying at work
- Finding a healthy work, life and family balance
- Preparing for retirement
- Understanding Australian culture and adapting to Australian work culture
- Managing mental health at work